Call & pick-up is now available in all stores in the Netherlands
Sidestep accepts the return of unworn merchandise within 28 days from the date of purchase, in their original packaging, and with the original receipt Sidestep shall either exchange the goods or issue a gift card for the same value.
Sidestep shall accept the return of merchandise that is agreed by our store to be defective, not of satisfactory quality, or not fit for the purpose it was designed for. In order to validate such a defective return, we always require proof of purchase.
We will not accept a return if the goods show signs of damage not the result of a manufacturing fault. This applies to accidental, malicious and other wearer related damage. Examples of accidental, malicious and wearer related damage include, but are not limited to:
- Signs of misuse, excessive wear or inappropriate care
- Shoes washed by machine and/or dried by excessive heat
- Cut marks on stitching, seams or uppers
- Punctured airings
- Abrasion/scuffing damage
- External contamination
- Signs of extreme damage
- Knowingly purchased small fitting shoes
- Fabric that has been stained
- Material decomposing due to prolonged dampness/wetting
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Your satisfaction is our priority.
As an organisation, we aim to ensure that we always deliver the best levels of customer service. However, if you are not happy with the service you have received, you should contact us immediately so that we can investigate your concerns. Our Complaints Process is designed to be quick, simple and fair.
You can register a complaint directly with our Customer Care team for investigation, either verbally or in writing.
It is important that you provide us with as much information as possible. When submitting your complaint to us, please include the following:
- Email address or phone number
- Any relevant reference numbers
- A clear description of your complaint
- Any documentary evidence to support your complaint
- What outcome you require
How we deal with your complaint
We will investigate your complaint in accordance with our internal complaints procedure:
- Whether your complaint is made verbally or in writing, you will be notified we have received your complaint and that it is under investigation.
- You may also be contacted if we require further information.
- On completion of the investigation into your complaint we will write to you and set out the findings of the investigation which has been carried out, whether your complaint has been upheld or rejected and the reasons for that.
In-store purchases need to be returned to the store in person.
The reason for this is that we need a signature for the refund. This also reduces the risk of the item getting lost during shipping.
Yes, you can! Just take the item(s) you wish to return to your nearest store along with the order invoice. Our staff will be happy to assist you.
The refund for items returned in store will be made in cash, unless the original payment was made by credit or debit card. To help avoid any issues, we recommend returning your item(s) during the afternoon hours when there is already enough cash in the store’s register to process your refund.
In-store returns are not possible if the order was placed with Clearpay.
We are sorry, that is not possible. We always* require proof of purchase and will not accept returns without it. The receipt that you receive when you purchase the item is your proof of purchase, so make sure to store it carefully.
* Yes, even in the case of Sidestep exclusive products.
Even if you originally bought your item online, due to the in-store exchange it now qualifies as a store purchase. Please make sure to retain the receipt confirming the exchange, as it is now your proof of purchase for the item.